AGENT HOMEPAGE REDESIGN
The goal of the agent homepage redesign was to better educate current and prospective agents of the insurance product offerings and eligibility guidelines without disrupting the first priority goals of Get a Quote (current agents) and Become and Agent (prospective agents). A secondary goal was to promote the Live Chat feature for logged in agents.
My Roles: UI, IxD, Graphic Design
Tools Used: Axure, Photoshop
Client: Hagerty Agent Team
Who I Worked With: Stakeholders, Web Art Director, Project Manager, Developer, Usability Manager
An analysis of the existing logged out agent homepage showed that it was heavily focused on the Become an Agent CTA, and the product icons were non-interactive as the product content lived behind login. It was recommended that we pull the content out from behind the login, which was approved by the business unit.
EXISTING PAGE DESIGN
LOGGED OUT PROTOTYPE
1. Display the login fields in the header area. If the login fields can't be directly integrated into the header due to dev restrictions, use this area for an image collage to showcase the diversity of eligible vehicle types
2. Create a sub navigation with anchor tags to highlight available sectioned content below
3. Create a horizontal product scroller with icons linking to their respective product content pages
4. Add a bottom-browser pinned content area to display additional messaging
LOGGED IN PROTOTYPE
1. Display the eligibility guidelines into the header area, next to the Quote and Quick Links modules
2. Display the horizontal product scroller from the logged out page, strategically placed above the agent transaction tables.
3. Add the bottom-browser pinned content area for additional messaging
4. Add a bottom-browser pinned Live Help slide-in overlay
Since it was determined by dev that the login fields could not be directly integrated into the header area, I moved forward with the image collage option to showcase the variety of vehicle types. I pulled in a new set of vehicle icons (designed by a colleague) for the product scroller, eligibility guidelines and additional coverages sections, and recylced an anchor menu style from another project to preserve dev allocation.
NEW LOGGED OUT PAGE DESIGN
NEW LOGGED IN PAGE DESIGN
As of September 2017, the new agent homepage designs have not gone live.